When it comes to the holidays, we are all looking for that special offer or bonus to go along with our shopping. As a business this is the best time to pull out all the stops. To reap the benefits of the holiday season, businesses have to pull out all their best offer saving discounts and go total marketing on them.
As a business you’re going to want to take advantage of the holidays. Here are several ways in which you can rock the holiday season and boost your company’s sales.
Once November 1st hits let the holiday marketing begin. We suggest not going full blown Christmas quite yet though. Start out with thanksgiving themed marketing, leading up to Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales before heading into Christmas.
Offer and Discount Ideas
- Offer Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales and promotions. Black Friday is huge and for online only businesses and services so is Cyber Monday. Capitalize on this opportunity.
- Give out holiday-specific discounts or coupon codes such as entering code TURKEY30 to receive 30% off the order.
- Offer time-limited sales to convey a sense of urgency. Example: Save 40% on Cyber Monday.
- Offer free or low-cost shipping. Many people are turned away with the added cost of shipping. Close more deals by shipping for free or giving a discounted shipping price.
- Create holiday gift packages – packages you can’t get any other time. Put together a package that includes items customers usually buy together or different items you offer that customers could then try out.
- Offer a free holiday themed gift with a purchase. This will give buyers an extra incentive to buy and entice hesitant buyers.
- Offer 2-for-1 products. The buyer gets to keep one for her/himself and give the other one as a gift.
- Send out discounts on future purchases for all items bought during the holidays. Set yourself up for post-holiday success.
- Team up with another business to create Christmas gift bundles. Combine your product and their product into a gift package.
- Send small gifts to your loyal customers. An inexpensive gift like a box of chocolates or a bottle of wine can show you care and puts your business at the top of their minds.
- Offer flash deals and expedited shipping for last-minute shoppers.
- Run a 12 Days of Christmas holiday promotion. Offer a different sale or discount or promote a different product each day leading up to Christmas.
- Hold an advent calendar campaign. Offer a discount on one product per day throughout the entire Christmas season.
- Promote your holiday offers repeatedly. Don’t be afraid to share your sales and deals more than once. You want to make sure your promotions reach your potential customers.
- Provide holiday-themed information to your target market. Direct social media posts and blog posts to holiday-themed information.
- Create a holiday landing page where you can display gift ideas or discounts.
- Update your social media covers to show some holiday cheer.
- Capture the holiday related search engine traffic by publishing content optimized for the season on your website.
- Make your email template holiday themed.
- Send holiday promotion emails with all your discounts. Send one right before Christmas too with last-minute gift ideas.
- Send emails with your holiday offers including one promotion per email. Space these out accordingly.
- Find gift guides in your industry and ask for your products to be included.
- Include a holiday countdown ticker on your site. This will let visitors know exactly what day they need to order by to receive their products in time for Christmas.
- Send your customers Christmas or New Year cards via mail or email.
Start planning and implementing your holiday marketing now! With your extra holiday efforts you’ll be selling like crazy.
Need more inspiration on how you can stand out to customers during the holiday season? Check out Make your business stand out to consumers during the holiday season for ideas!
Thanks to Kim Garst for the holiday themed ideas!